Posts Tagged ‘happiness habits’

Diane Morr shares “Happiness Habits to Transform Your Life”

Dianne Morr shares easy-to-develop habits to get more happiness at the Timbers of ShorewoodDianne Morr will present a program titled, “Happiness Habits to Transform Your Life,” at 2 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 6, at The Timbers of Shorewood retirement community, 1100 N. River Rd., Shorewood.

Her talk will focus on five simple habits that, with little effort, can be easily developed and will enable people to enjoy more happiness on a daily basis.

Morr says a person has a “happiness set point”—a genetically determined natural level of happiness. That set point, combined with one’s circumstances, is responsible for 60 percent of overall happiness. The other 40 percent is subject to factors that can be controlled.

Five key components to a happy life are:

•    resilience to life’s challenges,
•    a healthy, active social life,
•    the ability to prevent or manage depression,
•    embracing some form of spirituality or higher purpose, and
•    skill at diffusing everyday stressors.

Happier people are more optimistic, more creative, have more self-esteem and tend to be more resilient to negative life events. They are healthier, more productive and just more pleasant to be around.

“Appreciation of the good in your life, and surrounding yourself with positive people helps promote happiness,” Morr said. “Creating memories and sharing in positive life experiences with people we love are also important cornerstones to staying happy and healthy.”

After years of studying depression to help people find ways to manage anxiety and depression, Morr shifted her focus to studying happiness. She saw dramatic results in her own life, and so became a student of positive psychology. She now shares her experiences with her audience in the hopes of encouraging them to put happiness to work in their own lives.

Morr is an author and professional speaker. She won her first speech contest at the age of 12 and knew from then on that her ideal career would involve professional speaking. She is a ghostwriter, editor and collaborator for professionals needing help putting pen to paper.

She is a popular speaker and a member of Free Speech, a suburban Chicago speaker’s bureau that is run pro bono. See

The Timbers of Shorewood is a rental retirement community which provides independent and assisted living apartments and a full schedule of activities and services. Furnished apartments are also available for a short-term stay – a weekend, a week, a month or longer.

The event is free and open to the public. For more information or to register, call Shelly Goggins at 815-609-0669.

Connect with us
Click here to visit to The Timbers of Shorewood Website and learn about senior care in Joliet, Shorewood, and Plainfield. Click here to send an email to the Timbers of Shorewood. Click here to follow The Timbers of Shorewood on Twitter and learn about senior care in Joliet, Shorewood and Plainfield. Click here to visit The Timbers of Shorewood Facebook Page and learn about senior care in Joliet, Shorewood and Plainfield. Click here to subscribe to the Joliet Assisted Living blog RSS Feed.
Communities we serve
Shorewood, Joliet, Plainfield, Channahon, Crest Hill, Minooka, Naperville, Morris, Aurora, Lockport, Romeoville, Homer Glen, New Lenox, Manhattan, and Mokena